Search This Blog

September 17, 2017

Lost with a Purpose

Have you ever been driving and miss your turn without realizing it? You keep driving and driving.  All of sudden you realize your surroundings look unfamiliar. You dont recognize the houses or streets. You can't seem to find a turning point, so you keep driving. Hoping you will recognize something. A tree. A bus stop. A house. A mailbox. You begin to fret. Anxiety is close to a level 10.  You cannot cry because you won't be able to see the road ahead. You want to stop and ask the man on the corner how to get back to the interstate, but your mind is running rampage with thoughts of homicide and kidnappings. Are you driving into your doom? 

Just as the road begins to end and the clouds begin to set in, you spot  a stop sign. You stop. You look to yoir right. Dead end. You take a deep breathe and look to your left. Is that a church? Wait. Maybe.....

You turn to the left and hurriedly drive closer and closer to the church. As you get closer, you can see the name. If I just Google the name, I can Google directions to my destination. The name pops up. You take a deep breathe.  You have just enough battery and signal for Google maps to open and identify your location. Go .25 miles and then right onto the next street. This time you aren't relying on your own memory, you are listening closely to the voice in the machine and doing exactly what it says to do.

The interstate! I shouted. You shouted. We can see the interstate. If I can just get to it, I can get back home. I don't even remember where I was supposed to be going. I just want to get back home. That was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. To be lost in my own town.  If it wasn't for....

How many times have you been in my shoes? How many times have you been lost with a purpose. You knew you had a destination, but didn't know where to go. How do I get there? When will I get there? I just want to go home. Instead of relying in you to get you there, try relying on God. Rely on God to pull you through the dark times. Rely on God to get you through the good times. Ask God to direct your path and you won't habe to worry about being lost ever again.

Scared? Sometimes confused? Yeah. We are human. We fall short. We also know that when we make the decision to trust God, He will pick us up, carry us, walk with us, walk for us, and hold us. He is out compass. He is our gps. He's mine. Is He yours? #PurposefullyMade #DirectLiving #GodFocused

No comments:

Post a Comment