Search This Blog

October 26, 2016

Night Life

Figured I'd get your attention.  Half of you all have minds that wandered into left field.  The other half, just didn't know what to think about the title of this blog.  I love keeping people on their toes. You think you know me, but you have no idea.  That's not the point of this blog, but it was worth mentioning.  Back to the matter at hand.

I recently frequented some establishments in downtown Baton Rouge during the homecoming festivities for my alma mater.  Yep, you guessed it.  I am a proud graduate of Southern University.  While I was downtown, I had a few moments of silence to think about my surroundings.  This was the night life.  People were loud, laughing, drinking, dancing, talking, walking, and having a good time.  As I walked down 3rd street, I began to notice a change in my perception of the area.  Just this one street was full of life and endless possibilities.  Then it hit me.  I am the only limit to my possibilities.  I am the only one stopping me from stepping out on faith and walking into a new beginning.

I wanted to turn around so many times and go home that night, but I didn't.  I had to face my fears and just keep walking.  I was not walking with friends.  I was alone in a strange area, but I kept walking until I reached my destination.  Relief.  I would not have known what would lye ahead, if I had listened to others and turned around.  I wasn't ready to quit on my goal.  I needed to see it through.  So many times in life we set goals, but we allow others to convince us to turn around and that it is not worth it to finish.  I'm here to tell you that it is worth it.  It is worth it to see your goal come to fruition and experience the joy of completing a task.  If I listened to everyone that told me "no", I would not be where I am today.  Instead I chose to listen to my God, my heart, and my mind.  I pushed past my fears and ran to the finish line.  Each day I get closer to a new finish line and completing a new goal.

If night life taught me anything, it is that what awaits on the other side of the door is far better than what is before you today.  Seize the moment and open the door.  Opportunity just knocked.


No comments:

Post a Comment