Search This Blog

December 28, 2015

Challenge Accepted

So today was my first day on this gluttony challenge.  While I definitely consumed less calories today, I did struggle to make better food choices.  My day started off really good.  I decided to eat some Cuties clementines for breakfast (because I'm secretly addicted to these things).  Instead of checking social media, I decided to read one of the devotions that come through my email.  When i felt tempted to browse through Facebook later in the day, I read my daily scripture.  That part wasn't so hard.

What was difficult was getting to work and having a small bag of chocolate goodies on my desk from my boss.  I'm grateful for the gesture, but temptation was staring me in my face.  Granted, I did eat the reeses peanut butter cups (minis), I was able to abstain from the box of chocolates and the oatmeal pie.  Hey, I'll take my victories any way I can.  By the end of the day, I was eating Doritos and finishing my clementines.

My sister gave me the challenge to work out 30 minutes a day this week.  My life is anything but predictable, so I told her "we shall see".  She knows what to say to guilt me into something or to motivate me.  Guess what.  It worked.  I some how managed to carve out 30+ minutes of exercise time.  I couldn't go walking or commit to an exercise tape, but I could spend that time dancing with my girls.

I love the fact that my phone makes it so easy to track my physical activity.  I simply told it what I was doing and it started calculating my calories, set up a timer, and gave me progress reports every 5 minutes.  I had so much fun dancing with my girls.  Although they were over it after 15 minutes.  I plan to do the same thing tomorrow.  We shall see if I can squeeze in some strength training too.  (Don't hold your breath).

Over all, today was a success.  Why?  Because today I got 1 step closer to God and 1 step closer to a healthier me.  I indulged a few times, but I also recognized my limits and did not feel sluggish or guilty in the end.  So, here's to a new day, a new me, and another day's journey.

#lovealways

No comments:

Post a Comment