Search This Blog

December 30, 2015

Child Games

So you ever have one of those days when you can't help but reflect on all of your life's choices?  I had a night like that.  Needless to say  that my mind was going around and around and I got very little sleep.  While it was very hard to toss and turn with my 5 yr old in my bed, I still managed to turn a few times.  I seriously did a retrospect of my life over the past 12 years.  While I am amazed at all that God has allowed me to do.  I still feel like there is so much more that I can be doing.

Some how, I managed to lose sight of the vision that God gave me.  Hold on... I'm back.
I have allowed my sight to cloud my judgment and began to look at the edge of the cliff and not at the One who was leading me.  It's so easy to get distracted by jobs, kids, spouses, family, friends, school, laziness, depression, or life in general.  Not anymore.

An opportunity appeared before me the other day (which I am sure my mother will ask me about tomorrow and I will not tell her a thing).  A few months ago, I probably would not have thought anything of it.  Something inside of me was intrigued and had to learn more.  The more I learned about the opportunity, the more I obsessed over it.  If I have learned nothing else, I have learned to wait on the Lord and to pray to Him for guidance.  So I did.

I prayed.  I thought about it.  I am still weighing the pros and cons.  With this decision comes a great deal of joy and a greater deal of stress.  One thing did become clear...I don't have time for child like games.  If I am going to walk the walk and talk the talk, I've got to live like God wants me to live.  That means living without the games.  There are a few types of games.  There are the emotional games we play on ourselves and each other.  There are mental games that can be tied to emotional games, in that they take a toll on us and prevent us from having healthy relationships.  Then there are spiritual games.  These are games that we play with God.  You know the ones.  "I'm going to church because my ____ is making me."  "I'll say I love Jesus on Sunday between the hours of 9:00 am and 11:00 am, then do what I want to do the rest of the time".  These are games.

Games drive me crazy.  Yes, I am guilty of playing them, staring them, and finishing them.  I am also guilty of shutting them down.  At this point in my life, I do not have time to play games, participate in them, or even be a spectator to them.  I know what I want and I am going to get it.  I am a strong believer that each generation should strive to be greater than the last.  I am tired of going in circles or swaying side to side.  It is time to move forward.  As I close, I want to encourage you to read 1 Corinthians 13;11.

It is time out for the child games.  I'm moving on to another day's journey.

#lovealways

No comments:

Post a Comment