Search This Blog

December 22, 2015

LOL

So I had an interesting conversation with my mother today. She asked me if everything was okay because I seemed to be mad in my last 2 posts. I had to laugh (not hard) at the comment.  Many times I write on the spur or heat of the moment.  Other times I reflect on things in the past and let my imagination run wild.

Isn't that how dreams are formed? The determination we have to want more, want better, or want different is found in the wild imaginative worlds we cook up.  Sometimes it is found in the frustrating events of our lives.  ive discovered that greatness comes from adversity and love.  I'd much rather experience the latter than the first.  However, I've found that adversity makes for a better story. People always like to see a victorious win.  Truthfully, each ending isn't always victorious.  It isn't always wrapped in a nice pretty bow at the end of the movie.  Sometimes the end is just as tragic as the beginning.

It is in those moments that I have to laugh. I have to find the silver lining or try to see the good in a person or situation.  It is just my nature. And when I cant, I cry.  I cry until it hurts.  And then I laugh until I begin crying again.  I laugh at the fact that I survived whatever obstacle was placed in front of me.  My laughter means I have to smile.  If I have to smile, then I know that God will prevail and He will be victorious. 

So if ever I am super serious in a blog, just know that I will be laughing soon enough.  You can't keep a good thing down as I go on another day's journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment