Search This Blog

December 21, 2015

Sick days

You ever want to scream or slap the mess out of someone? That's how I feel now.  I am not angry, I'm just irritable.  Every little thing sets me off. You'd never know it because I usually don't say anything.  I just give a look that tells the other person to cool it or back off. I've given that look at least 2x today. Make that 3.

It is in those moments that I thank God for sick days. It is not that I want to be sick.  Rather it is that I need a day away from everyone else.  I need a day to regroup and sort through my thoughts.  Some may say they need a week.  After a week, I get antsy.  I just need a day to myself to sleep and allow my creativity to flow.

If you are a mom, they you know that we don't get sick days.  There are very few opportunities for us to chill and not hear the piercing cries of an agitated toddler or a hormone enraged teen.  When it happens, I take full advantage of them. 

As sick as I feel right now, I'm still pressing on to share my 2 cents with you.  It's all apart of another day's journey.  Now I really must go to sleep.

#lovealways

No comments:

Post a Comment