Search This Blog

December 19, 2015

No More Excuses

2015 has been a very emotional year for me. It really started in 2014 with the ending of grad school and the beginning of my professional career.  I've probably gone through every emotion at some time this year.  It took time to get used to balancing a demanding job, my family, church, and personal time and projects.  Though it seems I struggled to juggle everything at times, I did not give up.

One thing became clear in my juggling.  The excuses had to stop.  It wasn't so much that I made excuses all the time (except for why I don't consistently work out), rather it was the fact that I was tired of others excuses as to why they could not or would not do something.  My baby is 18 mths.  When she is hungry, she looks to me to provide food for her. She doesn't care that I am tired, or that I have to use the bathroom. She could probably care less as to how the food is prepared, just as long as she gets something to eat.  Likewise, when your light bill is due, Entergy does not want to hear why you don't have the money. Your lights will be cut off either way it goes, if you don't pay. 

I said all that to say, we have got to stop making excuses all the time. If you can't or won't  do something that is asked of you, say that in the beginning.  Give the other party the opportunity to find someone else who can do the job.  Excuses mean we are lying to ourselves and others about what is really going on.  This is probably the thing that ticks me off the most.  I've heard so many excises, and made many too.  I'm just over it all together.

2016 will be the year of no excuses. A mature person owns up to their short falls and can admit their mistakes without making excuses.  You may give a reasonable explanation for your thoughts or actions, or lack there of, but not an excuse.  I do not tolerate excises to well and I have begun losing respect and patience for those who repeatedly make them. Why? Simply because it puts more work on me.  Instead of me enjoying family time, I have to go back and fix your mess or pick up your slack.

So next year, really this year, I'm no longer accepting excuses.  I will not stress myself out behind foolishness or entertain it. It is time to grow up and move on to another day's journey.

#lovealways

No comments:

Post a Comment