Search This Blog

January 18, 2016

Listening to God

Well, it's 1:30 a.m. cst.  My baby decided that she wanted to wake up in the middle of the night and refused to go back to sleep.  I finally got her to sleep and now I'm wide awake with indigestion.  #mommyhood
I was a boutique to scroll through Twitter, when it hit me. I need to blog. I usually focus on relationships in my blogs, but tonight/thus morning, I want to talk about the blessings that come when you listen to God.

I've often struggled to get things done because I have control issues.  For the majority of my life, I didn't realize it.  I just no knew that if I didn't do it, it would not get done. When i tried to let go and let others handle things, it only delayed the process of me doing it myself.  I told a group on Friday, that I was ready to let that go.  So when it came down to writing book #3, I struggled again.  It wasn't because of a deadline or publisher or agent.  It was because I was trying to write what I thought needed to be written and not what God was telling me to write.  I wasn't listening to God.

My writing is just one example. I'm sure you have plenty of to th erica tines when you did not listen to God. There may be regrets or not.  The point is that when we do not listen to God, we are exerting our will.  Our will does not get us anywhere.  It will get us to a a state of confusion, desparatiin, distraction, and lonliness. However, if we stop and think about something and take the time to listen to God, we will begin to feel joy, peace, and clarity.  Listening is definitely tied into control. 

Who is in control of you? You or God? Who will you let determine your steps? You or the one who can lead you down a path of true fulfillment?  I'd much rather follow God, give up my control, and be able to hear God speak any time of day.

#lovealways

No comments:

Post a Comment